UPDATE ON STATUS
A decision has now been taken by the Government to close schools on public health advice until further notice.
There has been no confirmed or suspected case of Covid-19 in our school community.
Continuity of Learning
- Our teachers, e-learning and ICT team have worked hard as part of our contingency planning to design and be ready to deliver a continuity of learning programme.
- The students have been reminded to take everything they need home with them today.
- A communication on continuity of learning will be sent continuously to parents.
Senior School Arrangements
- Classes will be accessible online, in as far as is possible and in accordance with the new school timetable.
- Each teacher will be taking a roll call.
What is Distance Learning?
- The teaching and learning which happens in the classroom and the intangible social learning which happens around the school campus is not replicated through distance learning.
- Distance learning is a different experience designed to serve continuity of learning in extraordinary circumstances.
- Distance learning is not e- or online learning. It comprises more than learning through technology and includes study, reading, creative practice such as music and physical activity.
Tech Tools for Distance Learning
Each teacher will decide on the method of communication that they will use: email, Google Classroom or Zoom.
- Each teacher will decide on the method of communication that they will use: email, Google Classroom or Zoom.
- Screencastify: teachers create a video recording of their screen and share it directly to Google Classroom or by email.
- Zoom: Allows teachers to communicate with students by video and to share their screen with you. It is similar to a Skype or Facetime call, but more educationally focused.
- What’s app: Allows teachers to communicate with students by video or phone call
To use Zoom you will need two things:
- The Zoom Cloud Meetings app.
- A link to access a live classroom. Teachers will share a link by email or google classroom. Click on the link to join the Zoom live classroom. If you do not have the app, you will need to download the Zoom Cloud Meetings app from the App Store or from the Google Play Store. Once downloaded, open the Zoom Cloud Meetings app and Log In with your school Google account.
Guidelines for Students
- Follow the school’s timetable and hours and engage actively with classes and learning.
- Show teachers that they are engaged by adding class comments and meeting deadlines.
- Collaborate with teachers and fellow students online responsibly and helpfully.
- Complete study and homework that may be assigned.
- Check email and Google Classroom regularly.
Guidelines for Parents:
- Establish a routine which mirrors a normal school day.
- Do not over-supervise
- Begin each school day by asking your child/children what is on for the day
- Close each school day by asking your child/children what they worked on for the day.
- Encourage exercise, fresh air and regular, healthy eating patterns
- Set clear rules about social media interaction
OUR SCHOOL COMMUNITY
We thank you all for your continued support and care for our community and for your feedback as we continue to educate and plan. At Danbo International School, we put considerable focus on developing children who think critically and calmly, with agility and a sophisticated level of emotional intelligence. The current global challenge highlights the value of those abilities.
Thank you to the whole school community for the continued care and support you all give each other. The kindness of our community is of huge value as we continue to facilitate learning and happy development for our students.