Danbo offers students’ excellent academic programmes which also serve as alternative pathways into universities around the world. Our academic is built on a solid focused on A-levels (Cambridge and IJMB an alternative to JAMB)
- Cambridge A-Levels (AS & A2)
- Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB)
- Remedial (WAEC) retake and UTME
- Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT)
- English proficiency tests such as test of English as a foreign language and international English language testing system (IELTS)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE
(i) Cambridge ‘A’-Level
They are the best route into top universities in the world
(ii) A- Level are the preferred entry qualification for many top universities and the best route for students with an excellent academic record who hope to study at one of the UK’s top universities, such as Oxford, Cambridge or other ivy league universities home and abroad. Taking A- levels demonstrate your commitment to securing a place at the university. Because the A level standard is widely recognized by prestigious institutions around the world, not just the UK, it is a great choice if you want to choose from the widest range of options later on. A- Levels generally let you skip through the foundation stage. Here in Nigeria, it places in two hundred levels of your desired courses. Not just that, it provides you a solid foundation to prepare you for the rigors of higher education. It is an 18 months programme but we also offer an accelerated route for one year.
These are the various subjects students can choose from that are being offered in Danbo. It is expected that students pick three subjects in relation to their choice of course at the university and an English class which is made compulsory.
- Age 16 – 17 at time of enrolment
- Course length : 18 months or 12 months
- Course Start: May – June (fast track) , August – January
Interim Joint Matriculation Bord (IJMB)
The Nigeria Degree Pathway is an advanced intensive course taught over a period of one academic year. This programme provides smooth access to achieving a degree from a Nigerian university with a major emphasis on courses accredited by the NUC. Successful students’ are guaranteed progression into 2nd year of their chosen degree at any of our partner universities in Nigeria. Nigeria.
This foundation programme is further divided into the following Pathways:
- Arts & Design
- Computer science
Students are expected to choose three subjects relevant to their course of study at the university and also to attend a compulsory English class.
Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT)
Candidates seeking admission into American, Canadian, Australian etc universities take this test. Aside admission prerequisite in some universities, it also affords you an opportunity to study free! This is achieved through outstanding performance in this test. Various forms of scholarship abound through this medium. Candidates are prepared for two to three months for this examination. It is written six times in a year in Nigeria. Aside preparing you for this examination, we go further to offer counseling in your application process, admission procedures such as scholarship essay.
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), PTE and IELTS
These are English proficiency tests for work placement and study abroad. Youcan enroll for these programmes at any time. There are the academic and general modules for this examination. Danbo Sixth-Form provides exam specialists and experienced English teachers to ensure that students understand the test and properly prepare for maximum scores.(Weekend Classes are available)
Remedial Courses (SSCE and NECO)
This is a tutorial class specially designed to ensuring that candidates who have deficiencies in their school general certificate examination are able to remedy it. This class starts by August. In the case where you do not have your complete result for you’re A- Level programmes, the good news Is that you can continue with your studies at A-level while you remedy your O level result. Six core subjects are taught in this programme depending on your course of studies.
In ensuring that our students fit in well into the rigors of high education, the college helps students build skills such as management and project, teamwork, time management and other soft skills to navigate their world.
Critical thinking & Global Perspective
In this course, students are able to critique world issues, explore questions and answers from multiple and divergent views. They also examine opinions, belief, assumptions against facts
- Academic English classes where we do presentation, exchange ideas and do research which are basic skills for university education. Communication skills also form part of the syllabus for the tutorials.
- English project: this is an interesting task- based course component which allows students to work together in teams to research and create something such as video presentation, class Magazine or a play.
- Debate & Public Speaking: students even after they reach a high level of English, often lack confidence in their speaking ability, especially if they have to speak in public. At Danbo, students are taught techniques such as clear organization of ideas and counter arguments, tone of speech, body language and eye contact which improve their oral skills. Other enrichment activities are :
- Study techniques: students are guided to develop good study skills and strategies.
Leadership skills: students are given opportunity to develop their leadership abilities such as Class Ambassador, Digital head.
- University Preparation: We support students’ readiness and preparation for university. Our preparation programmes covers admission, career interviews, tailored advice and target- setting, personal statement guidance, curriculum based trips to enrich subject and enhance career knowledge.